One common excuse often given by people who don’t floss is that the practice is difficult to fit into their daily schedule. If you’ve found this to be true, and feel like you are too busy to floss, here are some suggestions for when to fit this vital dental health habit into your day.
- The most common time is right before bed, but make sure you aren’t too tired to do a good job.
- Right when you wake up is also an option, but if food is left between teeth all night, it can bring about plaque.
- Try just after lunch, before you go back to work.
- Floss while you are in the car sitting in traffic. It’s easier one-handed with the pre-strung floss pics. (You might get some strange looks from other drivers, but it’s worth it.)
- Keep some floss in your gym bag so you can floss after you exercise.
- While you’re watching the nightly news.
I hope this gives you some useful ideas to help you make flossing part of your daily routine. Flossing is essential for anyone in Kelowna who wants to have a healthy smile.
If you want to upgrade your smile, look into cosmetic dentistry procedures such as porcelain veneers, invisible braces, teeth whitening, or dental implants.
My name is Dr. Stephen Malfair. Helping my dental patients establish good habits is important to me as a general dentist. As a cosmetic dentist, I love helping them obtain the smile they want with procedures such as veneers, teeth whitening, and other cosmetic dentistry procedures.
We are currently accepting new patients, so give us a call at 778-769-2754 to make an appointment!
We work hard to exceed your expectations.
Contact Love Your Smile – Dr. Stephen Malfair:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):