A dental crown is a strong, natural-looking permanent tooth restoration that covers the top of the damaged tooth. At Choose Your Smile in Kelowna, we use dental crowns to solve a number of dental dilemmas.
Crowns can remedy the following issues:
- A broken tooth with decay
- An ill-fitting existing crown
- A decayed tooth that has lost a considerable amount of tooth structure
- A tooth that has had a root canal
- A tooth that is too small or misshapen
- A tooth that causes bite misalignment
Before we can attach the crown to your tooth, we must prepare the area. We remove decay, if any, and shape the tooth to receive the crown. Then a mold is taken of the prepped tooth and surrounding teeth. A temporary crown is placed on the tooth to protect it until you return to receive the permanent restoration.
Contact Choose Your Smile – Dr. Stephen Malfair:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):