We all experience bad breath once in a while, but what do you do when bad breath is bothering you constantly? Some patients feel stuck with frequent bad breath no matter how often they brush their teeth. Some of the common reasons for halitosis, or chronic bad breath, include:
- Dietary Choices: When foods with a powerful taste and smell break down, they enter the bloodstream and flow into the breath. You may notice bad breath from foods like onions, garlic, or spices.
- Tobacco Usage: Smoking and oral tobacco users are more likely to have gum disease and bad breath.
- Insufficient Oral Hygiene: Patients who do not brush, floss, and rinse daily are likely to notice consistent bad breath. It is important to adjust these habits to banish bacteria, protect your health, and enjoy fresh breath.
- Some Medications: Your medication may indirectly be causing your bad breath by creating a case of dry mouth.
- Infections and Other Conditions: Tooth decay, gum disease, mouth sores, or tonsil stones could be other reasons for halitosis.
The best way to find out the cause of your bad breath is by seeing an experienced general dentist. Dr. Malfair has helped many patients overcome bad breath and enjoy a bright and clean smile again.
Regain Confidence at Choose Your Smile
Dr. Malfair and his team can help you discover the right diagnosis and an efficient treatment method to mitigate your bad breath. They can help you establish oral hygiene patterns that will keep the tongue, gums, and teeth free of smelly bacteria.
Controlling periodontal disease and oral health habits will refresh your breath and give you a confident smile. We can help you create a list of foods and medications that will support good smelling breath in your daily life. If there is a deeper problem causing your halitosis, we will help you identify the best treatment for that specific cause.
Let’s restore your healthy breath together. Call to schedule your consultation at Choose Your Smile today!