Everyone loves a beautiful smile and whitening your teeth can have a big impact on your appearance. There are easy ways to ensure that you get the pearly smile of your dreams.
- Change out Your Toothbrush : it is important to replace your toothbrush every three months. It is surprising how easy it is for your bristles to bend and wear down. When your toothbrush isn’t in working condition, how can you expect it to do its job? Generally after 3 months, your brush are much less effective at removing plaque from teeth and gums compared to new ones. It must also be noted that you should change your toothbrushes after you’ve had a cold, the flu, a mouth infection or a sore throat. That’s because germs can hide in toothbrush bristles and lead to reinfection.
- Make sure that you are brushing at least twice a day as well as flossing. This ensures that plaque from your food doesn’t build up on your teeth. Plaque can create staining and discolouration. If you really want to keep your teeth white, brush after every major meal.
- Get Professional Whitening : yes home whitening strips are effective, but if you want safe and guaranteed results, talk to your dentist. There are two options to help you get that youthful, white smile: veneers/crowns or whitening agents.
- Veneers are perfect for people who are resistant to whitening agents who still want whiter teeth.
- Whitening agents such as Zoom whitening, in office whitening and at home tray whitening are effective. Your dentist will provide you with the best option for your budget and sensitivity.
You can safely and effectively change the look of your smile with a whiter and brighter smile. Make sure to talk to your dentist to ensure that you are making the right choice.