If you have a missing tooth and want to restore that gap in your smile, it is essential to examine the differences between a dental bridge and a permanent dental implant, two common restorative dentistry procedures available at Love Your Smile in Kelowna.
Dental bridges have replaced teeth for generations. However, they have some drawbacks:
- They are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem. By that we mean that with a bridge, the adjacent teeth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement (floating) tooth.
- It is hard to properly clean the small areas under the bridge.
- A dental bridge does not guard against bone recession at the extraction site.
Why does a dental implant have key improvements over a dental bridge?
- It is a 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- It is usually stronger.
- Will curtail the risk of bone recession because it replaces the tooth root.
- It is usually easier to keep clean which results in a lower risk of decay.
- They usually last longer.
- Dental implants can support a denture or partial denture.
Dental implants are state-of-the-art in tooth replacement at Love Your Smile in Kelowna. Patients from Mission, V1Y 8B7, and V1W 3C6 come here for implants, bridges, and other restorative dentistry procedures. Call today!
Contact Love Your Smile – Dr. Stephen Malfair:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):