The desire to prohibit decay is one of the main reasons people visit their dentists
Today we are going to explore 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings develop. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to cavities are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you see any of these symptoms, you should call your dentist today to schedule an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among youngsters, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is simple. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, skip frequent snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Kelowna area, give Love Your Smile – Dr. Stephen Malfair a call. We have been treating dental patients in and around Kelowna since 2004.